Site Administrator & Project Coordinator
Job Title: Site Administrator & Project Coordinator
Job Reference: SAPC-0517
Employment Type: Full Time – 1 year contract with possibility of extension
Location: Electrical Contractor – Mississauga, ON
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative coordination and support to team members including construction site foreman and project manager.
- Provide support in the management of project related documents.
- Support staff in various administrative tasks including tracking productivity and progress on projects.
- Responsible for completing and submitting daily work reports, safety submittals, and Pre-job safety Inspections (PSI’s).
- Assist the Health & Safety Coordinator by ensuring all Health & Safety policies are being met through completion of all relevant documentation.
- Perform general office duties such as printing, scanning, photocopying, filing and sending emails.
- Some travel between sites is required.
- Maintain good housekeeping within the site office trailer.
- Complete timesheets and be primary contact person for employees signing in and out on a daily basis.
- Responsible for data entry throughout quality control processes.
- Maintain consistent communication with Human Resources and Accounting departments to ensure up-to-date knowledge of company policies, rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Manage and maintain records of material, office equipment and supplies ordered and delivered to site, by regularly communicating with head office staff.
- Maintain a positive professional attitude and appearance at all times.
- May be assigned special projects from time to time.
- Must be able to work at least 44 hours a week. (Overtime hours or short weeks may be required from time to time).
Skills & Qualifications:
- Previous experience in office administration required.
- Previous experience in construction as asset.
- Displays organizational skills including strong attention to detail and time management.
- Ability to work well with others and independently.
- Proven ability to manage and coordinate multiple tasks with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Candidates must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent penmanship for note taking.
- Candidates must be proficient in using various types of computer software ( Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook).
- Strong skills in file conversion methods ex. PDF to excel, and vise versa.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
BILINGUAL PROFESSIONAL ELECTRICAL ENGINEER
Our firm is currently looking for an experienced, accomplished, self-motivated bilingual Electrical Professional Engineer to develop, maintain and support our industry-leading renewable energy projects and systems in Latin-American and the Caribbean.
The Electrical Engineer will work across a variety of functional groups that are directly involved in engineering, transmission and distribution systems development, implementation and maintenance.
The ideal candidate is an inventive problem solver that is capable of working through technical challenges and employing pragmatic solutions.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a team that provides integrated services to meet our clients’ needs both locally and across the globe
- Professional Electric engineer bilingual (English-Spanish)
- Experience in renewable energy an asset
- Experience in high voltage design
- Develop, maintain and support projects and systems of renewable energy in Latin-American and the Caribbean.
- Drawing up plans using computer-assisted engineering and design software
- Estimating material, construction, and labour costs, and project timescales
- Coordinating technicians and craftspeople
- Testing installations and systems, and analysing data
- Making sure projects meet electrical and construction safety regulations
- Overseeing inspection and maintenance programmes
- Attending meetings, writing reports and giving presentations to managers and clients.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering required
- Experience in renewable energy projects
- Competent in the use of electrical engineering software
- Strong understanding of electrical manufacturing processes
- Able to problem solve and troubleshoot as the need arises
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
To be determined