Job Title: Commercial and Industrial Electrician
Job ID: CIE-0118
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Electrical Contractor – Mississauga, ON, must be willing to travel and work out of town
Skills and Qualifications:
- Certificate of Qualification as a 309A Construction and Maintenance Electrician is required.
- 3-4 years of work experience in the electrical industry
- Experience with electrical and/or mechanical systems related to construction and routine maintenance operations is required.
- Knowledge of Ontario Electrical Safety Code, Occupational Health and Safety Act, and all other applicable legislation required.
- Must have a valid Class “G” Drivers License and vehicle
- Ability to lift, push, pull, climb and stand for long periods of time
- Work in a safe manner following all company policies and procedures.
- Is proactive and able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Adhere to Electrical Safety Authority rules and regulations.
- Possesses problem solving, time management and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication
- Proficient with Microsoft office, including outlook, word and excel
- Must own hand tools and personal protective equipment (boots, vest and glasses)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- installation, maintenance, testing, troubleshooting and repairs of industrial electrical equipment and associated electrical and electronic controls.
- Maintain, modify, install, remove and lubricate electrical and associated components, e.g. pneumatic controllers, switch gear, grounding, conductors, fans, drives and motors;
- Perform new electrical installations including services
- Interpret, create and maintain all types of drawings, wiring diagrams and equipment manuals to locate and install circuits and equipment;
- Maintain power supplies; providing periodic testing, recording, checking and maintaining emergency generators, fire alarm systems and other monitoring systems.
- Read and interpret various information data types, such as as-built drawings and electronic drawings including layout plans and electrical schematics
- Facilitate installations and routine preventative maintenance.
- Diagnose electrical equipment faults and recommend corrective actions; understand safety and standard operating procedures; interpret wiring diagrams related power and control systems, fire alarm systems, etc.
- On-site installation, retrofit, test, and servicing responsibilities
- Perform troubleshooting and repairs of electrical equipment and systems
- Report to site foreman and project manager.
- Teaches, trains and provides guidance to apprentices and other colleagues
- Provide support in the completion and management of project related documents including safety documentation, packing slips for materials delivered to site, equipment inspection reports and other paper work.
- Complete all other duties as may be assigned
Please send a resume, cover letter and three (3) references to email@example.com referencing job ID: CIE-0118