1. Must be willing to work out of town and country.
Duties & Responsibilities:
– Provide administrative coordination and support to team members including construction site foreman and project manager.
– Provide support in the management of project related documents.
– Responsible for completing and submitting daily work reports, safety submittals, and Pre-job safety Inspections (PSI’s).
– Assist the Health & Safety Coordinator by ensuring all Health & Safety policies are being met through completion of all relevant documentation.
– Perform general office duties such as printing, scanning, photocopying, filing and sending emails.
– Maintain good housekeeping within the site office trailer.
– Complete timesheets and be primary contact person for employees signing in and out on a daily basis.
– Responsible for data entry throughout quality control processes.
– Maintain consistent communication with Human Resources and Accounting departments to ensure up-to-date knowledge of company policies, rules, regulations, and procedures.
– Manage and maintain records of material, office equipment and supplies ordered and delivered to site, by regularly communicating with head office staff.
– Maintain a positive professional attitude and appearance at all times.
– May be assigned special projects from time to time.
– Must be able to work at least 44 hours a week. (Overtime hours or short weeks may be required from time to time).
Skills & Qualifications:
– Previous experience in office administration
– Previous experience in the construction and the renewable energy sector is an asset.
– Reviewing, interpreting and understanding Construction Documents; RFP’s, RFI’s, CD’s, SI’s and so forth
– Able to read and understand construction drawings and specification documents
– Creating trackers and logs to be used for monitoring, controlling and achieving project milestones
– Displays organizational skills including strong attention to detail and time management.
– Ability to work well with others and independently.
– Proven ability to manage and coordinate multiple tasks with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
– Candidates must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communications skills.
– Candidates must be proficient in using various types of computer software (Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook).
– Strong skills in file conversion methods ex. PDF to excel, and vise versa.
– Must have a valid driver’s license.