Job Title: Commercial and Industrial Electrician
Job ID: CIE-0118
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Electrical Contractor – Mississauga, ON, must be willing to travel and work out of town
Duties and Responsibilities:
- installation, maintenance, testing, troubleshooting and repairs of industrial electrical equipment and associated electrical and electronic controls.
- Maintain, modify, install, remove and lubricate electrical and associated components, e.g. pneumatic controllers, switch gear, grounding, conductors, fans, drives and motors;
- Perform new electrical installations including services
- Interpret, create and maintain all types of drawings, wiring diagrams and equipment manuals to locate and install circuits and equipment;
- Maintain power supplies; providing periodic testing, recording, checking and maintaining emergency generators, fire alarm systems and other monitoring systems.
- Read and interpret various information data types, such as as-built drawings and electronic drawings including layout plans and electrical schematics
- Facilitate installations and routine preventative maintenance.
- Diagnose electrical equipment faults and recommend corrective actions; understand safety and standard operating procedures; interpret wiring diagrams related power and control systems, fire alarm systems, etc.
- On-site installation, retrofit, test, and servicing responsibilities
- Perform troubleshooting and repairs of electrical equipment and systems
- Report to site foreman and project manager.
- Teaches, trains and provides guidance to apprentices and other colleagues
- Provide support in the completion and management of project related documents including safety documentation, packing slips for materials delivered to site, equipment inspection reports and other paper work.
- Complete all other duties as may be assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
- Certificate of Qualification as a 309A Construction and Maintenance Electrician is required.
- 3-4 years of work experience in the electrical industry
- Experience with electrical and/or mechanical systems related to construction and routine maintenance operations is required.
- Knowledge of Ontario Electrical Safety Code, Occupational Health and Safety Act, and all other applicable legislation required.
- Must have a valid Class “G” Drivers License and vehicle
- Ability to lift, push, pull, climb and stand for long periods of time
- Work in a safe manner following all company policies and procedures.
- Is proactive and able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Adhere to Electrical Safety Authority rules and regulations.
- Possesses problem solving, time management and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication
- Proficient with Microsoft office, including outlook, word and excel
- Must own hand tools and personal protective equipment (boots, vest and glasses)
Please send a resume, cover letter and three (3) references to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing job ID: CIE-0118
Job Title: Site Administrator & Project Coordinator
Job ID: SAPC-0318
Employment Type: Full Time – 6 month contract with possibility of extension
Location: Electrical Contractor – Roblin, ON
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative coordination and support to team members including construction site foreman and project manager.
- Provide support in the management of project related documents.
- Support staff in various administrative tasks including tracking productivity and progress on projects.
- Responsible for completing and submitting daily work reports, safety submittals, and Pre-job safety Inspections (PSI’s).
- Assist the Health & Safety Coordinator by ensuring all Health & Safety policies are being met through completion of all relevant documentation.
- Perform general office duties such as printing, scanning, photocopying, filing and sending emails.
- Some travel between sites is required.
- Maintain good housekeeping within the site office trailer.
- Complete timesheets and be primary contact person for employees signing in and out on a daily basis.
- Responsible for data entry throughout quality control processes.
- Maintain consistent communication with Human Resources and Accounting departments to ensure up-to-date knowledge of company policies, rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Manage and maintain records of material, office equipment and supplies ordered and delivered to site, by regularly communicating with head office staff.
- Maintain a positive professional attitude and appearance at all times.
- May be assigned special projects from time to time.
- Must be able to work at least 40 hours a week. (Overtime hours or short weeks may be required from time to time).
Skills & Qualifications:
- Previous experience in office administration required.
- Previous experience in construction and renewable energy an asset.
- Displays organizational skills including strong attention to detail and time management.
- Ability to work well with others and independently.
- Proven ability to manage and coordinate multiple tasks with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Candidates must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent penmanship for note taking.
- Candidates must be proficient in using various types of computer software (Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook).
- Strong skills in file conversion methods ex. PDF to excel, and vise versa.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Due to limited parking on construction site, must be willing to carpool to site from carpool lot
Please send a resume, cover letter and three (3) references to email@example.com referencing job ID: SAPC-0318